Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Why I'm starting a genealogy blog.

There is really not a lot of information on the internet about the Lollar family that is very cohesive. I guess that's just how the internet is set up. Besides people publishing their family genealogies that include Lollars there is not much other info that brings it all together. That is one thing that I hope to accomplish on my website and also with this blog. I'd like to be able to make my research progress available to anyone that is researching this family line and hopefully it will help you as well.

I have found several websites that list Isaac Lollar (b. 1710) as a common ancestor but most people in the descendants follow only one line. One thing I hope to do is to consolidate that information and add it to my family tree in order to aid anyone following those lines, regardless if they are my direct family line or not.

However, probably my main goal is to figure out the mystery behind John Lollar (b. 11 July 1779 in Buchanan, Granville Co, North Carolina) and how he is connected to the Isaac Lollar line. So far I can't tell that anyone has connected him with that line but I'm convinced he is somehow. The biggest reason is that Isaac Lollar's line has lots of Perkinses mingled in and John evidently lived right near the Perkins families since he and his wife Nancy are both buried in the Perkins Cemetery.

Originally this post said it was a test post but I just changed it tonight (9/16/06) to make it more of an introduction blog. I probably won't modify past blogs unless there is some sort of gross error.

In the words of Langston Hughes, "we march!"

1 comment:

Chuck Lollar said...

I am the son of Charles Lewis Lollar, the son of David Archie Lollar, the son of Lewis Dickey Lollar, the son of Archibald Lollar, the son of Isaac Lollar, the son of Isaac and Elizabeth and the sister of Elizabeth. Isaac and Elizabeth Lollar are my great grandparents (G5). The gravesites of Isaac and Elizabeth have never been located, to my knowledge. I am researching whether Isaac's father or grandfather immigrated to N.C. from Virginia or Pennsylvania, and prior to that from Hesse, Germany, specifically Stadt Lollar (the village of Lollar on the Lahn River in the Rhine Valley). I was born in North Carolina and live in Virginia. Many Lollar gravesites dating back to the early 1800s can be found near the old Archibald Lollar home place above the Broad River (built circa 1790) in Rutherford County, N.C. Isaac may have been justice of the peace of Lincoln County, N.C. about the time his daughter Elizabeth was born there (1742).